About the Conference
The National conference on Machines and Mechanisms (NaCoMM) is held every two years under the auspices of the Association of Machines and Mechanisms (AMM), India. It is one of the most important occasions during which researchers, designers, and practicing engineers working in the area meet and exchange ideas. The NaCoMM has has been held in premier research and educational institutions in India such as Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kanpur (1997), IIT Bombay (1999), IIT Kharagpur (2001), IIT Delhi (2003) and IIT Guwahati (2005). The 13th NaCoMM was held in Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore (IISc) under the auspices of AMM, India and IFToMM.In addition to NaCoMM, the sixth International Workshop on History of Machines and Mechanism (MMS 2007) was held on December 14, 2007.
Scope of the Conference
The Conference covers the broad areas of Theory and Practice of Mechanisms and Machines. The papers for NaCoMM 07 covered topics such as:
- Mechanisms Analysis and Synthesis
- Theoretical Kinematics
- Dynamics and Vibration Analysis of Machinery
- Micro-, Nano-Machines and Mechanisms
- Bio-medical Devices and Mechanisms
- Mechanisms and Machines for Rural, Agricultural and Industrial Applications and
- History of Machines and Mechanisms.